Five Things That Hinder Your Child's Academic Success
ss during this time.On Sunday we offered 5 ways to help your child to transition to virtual school but we wanted to offer more. Our Future Culture Creators have researched and provided feedback about what NOT to do, that could hinder your child's succe
1. All learning, all the time - While we want children to learn as much as they can, children (and adults for that matter) are not equipped to sit still and learn for 6 or 7 hours.
2. Frustration - This one goes without saying, but if you show your children how frustrated you are, they will feel worse. If you are feeling frustrated with them, try to take a break. This is overwhelming for them too.
3. Busy work - If the school didn’t give you a packet, don’t bombard your child with worksheets. Children may need the practice a worksheet provides, but they generally learn by doing, seeing/watching, and hearing too. There are several websites offering free online classes, training, and workshops, we will be sure to keep you posted!
4. Lack of creativity - This one also seems obvious, but if your kids are not interested in the activity, repeating it for every class isn’t going to help. Let them assist with the planning. Turn cooking into math, gardening into science, and cleaning into home economics (tell us how this works out for you, lol)
5. High expectations - This is new to them too. They are going to make mistakes, we will make mistakes. Let them know that it’s okay if they miss a deadline, can’t find a link, or don’t understand. Rome wasn’t built in a day. This will take time.